Job Holder: CNC Sliding Head Programmer, Setter, Operator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Ability to programme, setups and operate CNC Lathes, particularly Citizen sliding head machines, to manufacture precision parts. The job holder will play an integral role in driving productivity and continuous improvement in the Turning Section.
1. To set and operate CNC Sliding Head lathe to manufacture precision parts according to engineering drawings and specifications.
2. To implement new production methods, using the latest computer technology to improve cost efficiency and ensure continuous improvement.
3. To work according to tight schedules and follow strict quality control and precise guidelines as outlined in ISO 9001:2008 and as per supplier requirements.
4. Adhere to the Company Health and Safety requirements and follow Company rules and acceptable codes of conduct.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to use a wide variety of measuring equipment
- Working within an ISO 9001:2008 environment
- Proficiency in Computer Programming (CNC) and basic IT systems
- Innovative & driven
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible and supportive
- Good time management
- Discrete, confidential and professional
- BTEC in Engineering or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Experience as a CNC Sliding Head Setter and Operator
- Appendix A
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Setting and Programming
1.1. Set up and general operation of lathes, particularly Citizen Sliding Head
1.2. Works to tight tolerances and produces machine parts to high specification and quality.
2. Quality Control
2.1. Processes products according to product documentation, ensuring that quality standards are achieved.
2.2. Ensures all production process work is recorded upon the inspection route cards including quantity accepted, rejected and scrap.
2.3. Ensures that all material used is handled safely to prevent damage.
2.4. Adheres to all written procedures, work instructions and drawings to ensure that the products are produced to acceptable quality criteria.
2.5. Informs line manager if there are any rejects during the process so that timely corrective action can be taken.
2.6. Ensures there is a “First Off” inspection check before commencing operation.
2.7. Identifies and reports drawing errors to line manager and recommends corrections to ensure the timely completion of the job.
3. Repair and Maintenance
3.1. Reports machine malfunctions on a timely basis to Workshop Supervisor to minimize downtime.
3.2. Carries out routine maintenance and maintains cleanliness of the machines and work area.
4. Personal Development
4.1 Keeps technical knowledge and skills up to date and enhances professional knowledge through availing of training/learning opportunities.
5.1 Trainee programming skills to be learned as the knowledge of setting and operating becomes proficient.
For further information contact email on email@example.com